Peak UK Chart Position: #17 in October 1994.
A total of twelve top 20 hits in the UK alone, this being their eleventh in succession (“Here I Go”, the follow-up, only getting to number 22).
2 Unlimited comprises of Ray Slijngaard and Anita Doth – I say “comprises”, as, despite a 13-year hiatus from 1996, they did reunite to tour and record new material. It was in April this year that Anita decided to pursue a solo career instead, and will leave the group by the end of 2016.
Those first ten hits in full?
- Get Ready For This, #2 in October 1991
- Twilight Zone, #2 in February 1992
- Workaholic, #4 in May 1992
- Magic Friend, #11 in August 1992
- No Limit, #1 in February 1993
- Tribal Dance, #4 in May 1993
- Faces, #8 in September 1993
- Maximum Overdrive, #15 in November 1993
- Let The Beat Control Your Body, #6 in March 1994
- The Real Thing, #6 in May 1994
Their worldwide career sales exceed 18 million records. All the more reason for Ray to celebrate being 45 today. Here’s an excellent live vocal on what could be considered one of their more “downtempo” hits.