Peak UK Chart Position: #45 in April 1991.
Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou, 25th June 1963 – 25 December 2016.
- He amassed global career sales of over 100 million records, including seven solo number one singles in the UK and eight number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US.
- Until his 2014 cover of Terence Trent D’Arby’s “Let Her Down Easy”, this was his only track not to make the top forty in the UK.
- It was the fifth single to be released from the album “Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1”.
- The song was also Michael’s longest single to date, clocking in at 7 minutes 14 seconds.
- In a 2014 BBC one-hour documentary based on Michael’s 2012 performance at the Palais Garnier during his Symphonica Tour, Michael revealed the song was about a short lived love triangle where he was in love with a man while a female friend was in love with him, but none knew of the others’ feelings.
- The featured video here combines various filmed footage of the Symphonica tour with the live audio CD recording of the track (hence why there are some sync and/or quality issues). A beautiful performance of a vastly underrated track